You don’t need to fry chicken wings in order for them to be crispy. Toss the chicken wings in ranch and garlic flavors for some delicious Garlic and Ranch Crispy Baked Chicken Wings.
I am married to a serious chicken-wing fanatic. My husband loves him some chicken wings and probably eats them, at least, once a week from somewhere. I don’t think I paid attention or had chicken wings as much as I do now when I was single. I mean, when I was in college, a group of us would go to Applebee’s every Friday to take our pennies and nickels and create a full-size meal during Happy Hour when the appetizers were half off. Hey, when you’re the definition of a “broke college student” you do what you have to do to get by.
Now that people come to me when they want Happy Hour, I sometimes make my Chargrilled Chicken Wings, Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings, or Buffalo Bone-In Wings, and my Loaded Baked Potato Skins for friends and family. Now I am adding another chicken wing option into the mix with this Garlic and Ranch Crispy Baked Chicken Wings recipe.
The first time I made my Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with ranch flavor, they were…okay.
The second time I made them, they were perfect!
How to make these Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
When making these oven crispy baked chicken wings, I used two packets of ranch seasoning, a couple of cloves of garlic, a touch of lemon juice, and some red crushed pepper flakes, just to add some heat. Oh! I must also point out that it is important to let the chicken wings sit out at room temperature uncovered for, at least, 30 minutes. This will allow the chicken wings to crisp up better.
Once I tossed the chicken wings together in all of the flavors, I placed them on a cooling rack and in a preheated oven at 400 degrees and baked for 45 minutes. When I tested this recipe, I kept the temperature and the time the same both times and they came out crispy. The reason I added two packets instead of one is that the flavor of the ranch wasn’t prominent. Adding some lemon and garlic really took things up a notch.
- 2 lbs. Chicken drumettes/ wings
- 2 oz. Ranch Dressing packets
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. Lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a cooling rack over a long baking sheet.
- Line a cutting board with a double layer of paper towels. Remove the chicken from the packaging and place on the cutting board on top of the paper towel. Be sure to give the chicken wings some space in between them. Next, take more paper towels and blot the chicken wings dry and allow to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken wings to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, ranch dressing, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and garlic to the bowl. Use your hands and toss the chicken wings together with the flavors until evenly coated.
- Spray the cooling rack with non-stick spray. Place the chicken wings onto the cooling rack with about a ½ inch of space between them. They should not be touching. Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes, depending on your crisp preference. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with a side of ranch dressing