This is a sponsored blog post from Activate although all opinions are my own.
Although football season may look different this year, we still can cheer for our favorite teams in our homes over burgers. Fire up the grill with Kingsford Charcoal and make these BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers with close friends and family while watching the Big Game!
I come from a big football family. We eat, breathe, and live football in my house. I mean there is a countdown to when the season starts and it starts over when the season ends. We have a family Fantasy Football league and we even tailgate each year. With how things have transpired this year, we are not able to tailgate as we normally would, but that hasn’t slowed us down to celebrate the football season. We’ve still managed to throw some burgers and dogs on the grill as we celebrate our beloved teams. Just as tailgating is a family tradition, so is using Kingsford Charcoal for all of our grilling occasions.
How to make BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
What I love about burger recipes is they serve as a template for people to make their own version. This BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger can be personalized to your liking. You don’t have to completely stick to how I have laid out this recipe. But when it comes to this burger recipe that is perfect for tailgating, it is loaded with an easy BBQ sauce, crunchy onions, bacon, lettuce, onion, and tomato.
Know matter where you are, football is arguably America’s most beloved sport. Next to seeing our favorite teams charge the field for the game win, the food we enjoy with our friends as we cheer them on is the most important component. Football isn’t football without good food and no matter if you’re into hotdogs, ribs, or chicken wings, Kingsford charcoal is the perfect option to create a long-lasting fire to cook all your favorites.
- 4 lb. ground beef
- ½ tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tbsp. Seasoned salt
- ½ tbsp. Coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp.onion powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 c. ketchup
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Chipotle sauce
- 2 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked
- 8 Sharp Cheddar Cheese slices
- Burger Toppings: Crunchy Onions, onion, lettuce, tomato, buns
- Heat your grill using Kingsford Charcoal according to the manufacturer's instructions. Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a large bowl and add the seasonings to the beef (salt, seasoned salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, smoked paprika, and use your hands to mix the seasonings into the beef. Make eight-round beef patties and set aside until the grill is ready.
- In a small saucepot, add the ketchup, brown sugar, chipotle sauce, vinegar, red crushed pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and set on low to medium heat covered and allow to simmer until ready to serve.
- Place the burgers on the heated grill. Be sure to cook on both sides for about 10 minutes. Do not squeeze the burger with the spatula. Let the burger cook on each side with minimum flipping. The internal temperature of the burger should reach 160 degrees. Once you’re about ready to remove the burgers from the grill add a slice of cheese and once it has melted, remove from heat. Once cooked, remove from the grill and set aside.
- Assemble the burgers with lettuce, onion, tomato, a couple of slices of bacon, some crunchy onions, and bbq sauce.