This post is sponsored by Tony’s Chachere’s Creole Seasoning although all opinions are my own.
With minimum ingredients and maximum flavor, these Easy Grilled Chicken Wings with Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze are seasoned throughout each bite and coated with sweet and spicy sticky glaze. With juicy chicken and a char-grilled flavor, all you need is Tony Chachere’s seasoning to give the chicken wings a thoroughly seasoned flavor.
It is getting closer to football season and my family goes through chicken wings like no one’s business. We are a football-watching family who is always having mini football games watching parties, talking trash to one another, fantasy football drafts, and, when it makes sense, we even tailgate at a stadium close to the major NFL team in our city. We just love being around that football game energy. It’s so exciting!
Because of this, I am not short of chicken wing recipes that are perfect for watching your favorite sports games. Let’s see I have a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wings, Honey Ginger Barbecue Chicken Wings, and Cilantro Lime Air Fryer Chicken Wings to name a few. Not only do you need some tasty wings, but there are cheese sticks, Potato Skins, and a good ole cheesy dip to make the menu complete. This fall-off-the-bone grilled chicken wings recipe is absolutely perfect and delicious!
Making Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze for the Chicken
I’ve had a jar of Hot Pepper Jelly in my cabinet for quite some time now. For the life of me, I couldn’t think of what to do with it. I guess I was waiting on this recipe to figure it out. Let me tell you, the glaze that is brushed on these chicken wings is nothing short of amazing and it’s quite simple to put together. All you need is some Hot Pepper Jelly, butter, hot sauce, vinegar, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. That’s it! Once the chicken is cooked on the grill, you’ll brush with the glaze and allow it to caramelize a bit, and then brush once more when off the grill.
When making this recipe, start off with seasoning the chicken wings with Tony Chachere’s MORE Seasoning Creole Seasoning. You won’t need anything else. The seasoning salt is a combination of all the seasonings you would normally use anyway such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and more! Everything you need is in one shake. There are a variety of options that are offered by Tony Chachere’s line of seasonings. Here are their options:
- Original Creole Seasoning
- No Salt Seasoning
- More Spice Seasoning
- BOLD Creole Seasoning
- Lite Creole Seasoning
- Spice N’ Herbs Seasoning
Once you’re ready to grill your chicken wings, you sprinkle the chicken with a little of the seasoning and once they are cooked, you’re going to brush the wings with the Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze. It really is quite that simple.
If you want to omit the glaze altogether, you can use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning as a dry rub for the grilled chicken wings.
If you like recipes using products by Tony Chachere’s products, check out the recipes below!
Items you may need for this recipePrint
Easy Grilled Chicken Wings with Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10 (2 wings per serving) 1x
Enjoy these Grilled Chicken Wings with a Hot Pepper Jelly Glaze straight off the grill! These chicken wings are seasoned with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning making great flavor!
- 2 1/2 lb. Party Chicken Wings, thawed
- 2 tbsp. Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning, divided
- 11 oz. Hot Pepper Jelly
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Hot sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add the hot pepper jelly, butter, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and turn heat on low-medium. Bring the jelly to a simmer and stir to melt the butter. Set aside.
- An hour before you start grilling, remove the chicken from its packaging. Lay the chicken out on a cooling rack, pat dry with a paper towel, season on both sides (1 tablespoon on both sides) with Tony Chachere’s More Spice Seasoning and allow to sit uncovered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray the grilling rack with non-stick spray. Cover half of the rack with aluminum foil. Begin cooking the chicken on the aluminum foil side for 5-6 minutes on both sides and finish on the exposed side of the grill for an additional 5-7 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
- Once the chicken is finished, brush the chicken on both sides with glaze. Allow cooking for an additional 3 minutes to allow the glaze to caramelize. Once cooked, brush with glaze once more and remove from heat. Serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese as desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot pepper jelly glaze for chicken, chargrilled chicken wings, grilled chicken wings, tony chachere’s recipes, glaze for grilled chicken, recipes with hot pepper jelly
Leave a Reply