This is a paid sponsored post by Tony’s Chachere although all opinions are my own.
Large plump shrimp coated in panko bread crumbs and seasoned with a bit of cayenne pepper is what dreams are made of. This Spicy Crispy Fried Shrimp Recipe is great as an appetizer or the main part of an amazing dinner.
What shrimp do you cook with
When making any dish with shrimp, I don’t care if it’s fried or pan-seared, you always buy raw shrimp that has been peeled and deveined. Always, always, always! Even if you have a reason for buying shrimp with the shell on, then make sure they are deveined. Why is this important you may be wondering? That is because when the shrimp has been deveined you don’t have to worry about eating its feces. That’s right, not having shrimp deveined means the intestine has not been removed and we all know what goes through the intestine.
How do you make fried shrimp?
When it comes to making this Spicy Crispy Fried Shrimp Recipe, you are going to set up a dipping station with flour, egg wash, and panko bread crumbs. You’ll add seasoning and spices like garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne (of course). But the real winner when it comes to flair is Tony’s Chachere Creole Seasoning.
Overall, this Spicy Crispy Fried Shrimp recipe is a true winner. Crisp to perfection and seasoned using Tony Chachere’s Seafood Marinade and BOLD, another seasoned salt option, you will make this recipe over and over.
Spicy Crispy Fried Shrimp Recipe
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 30-35 pieces 1x
Make these Spicy Crispy Fried Shrimp that is fried with panko bread crumbs and spiced with cayenne pepper. Perfect for any dinner or an appetizer.
- 1 lb. 16/20 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz. Tony’s Chachere’s Seafood Marinade
- 1 c. flour
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ¼ tsp. Seafood Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 3 eggs. Whisked
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Tony’s Chachere BOLD Seasoned Salt
- Canola Oil
- Add your shrimp to a bowl and pour over the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to sit, for at least, 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Set up three shallow bowls. In one bowl place the flour and whisk in the garlic and onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne powder, and salt. In a second bowl add eggs and beat with a whisk until egg yolks and whites are combined. Finally, in a third bowl add panko bread crumbs and red pepper and whisk.
- Add the canola oil to a deep fryer and bring to 350 degrees. Take 4-5 shrimp at a time and dredge them through the flour and shake off excess. Add the shrimp to the egg wash to get coated, and covered in panko bread crumbs.
- Place in the fryer and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove shrimp and place it on a long baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with Tony’s Chachere’s BOLD seasoned salt and serve!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minute
Keywords: spicy fried shrimp, fried shrimp, fried shrimp recipe, spicy shrimp, easy fried shrimp recipe, shrimp recipes, fried shrimp batter, tony chachere's, crispy fried shrimp, spicy shrimp
Leave a Reply