Add all the ingredients you would on a pizza to this One-Pan Meatball Pizza Skillet Dish for a 30-minute weeknight dinner!
- 2 Packages Carando Abruzzese Italian Meatballs
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c. black olives, chopped
- 14 oz pizza sauce
- ½ c. water
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- ½ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 ½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Rigatoni Pasta, cooked
- In a large and shallow cooking pan, on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and when heated, add the meatballs to the pan and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes. The meatballs will brown and appear golden brown on all sides.
- Once cooked, remove the meatballs and set aside. Using the remaining oil in the pan, add the diced onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms (canned is fine) and olives and stir into the rest of the ingredients. NOTE: If you are going to add diced pepperoni, you can add them in this stage. About ½ cup of pepperoni should do it.
- Pour the pizza sauce and water in the pan and stir. Add the oregano and stir. Return the meatballs back to the skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for about 10 minutes covered with a lid. Finally, add the parmesan cheese and then mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid again to melt and serve over cooked pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main