This post was sponsored by Carando as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This One-Pan Meatball Pizza Skillet Dish is a perfect weeknight dinner the whole family will love or can be served as a perfect dinner for two!
If there is anything I appreciate as a working-mom is a simple and easy weeknight dinner that my family will, not only enjoy but isn’t your typical baked chicken with a vegetable type meal. I’m always looking for a common ingredient and making a completely unexpected dish but makes total sense. For instance, I would’ve never thought about merging meatballs into a pizza-type dish, but doesn’t that make total sense?
- Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs
- Sicilian Italian Style Meatballs
- Mozzarella Rustica Italian Style Meatballs
In the One-Pan Meatball Pizza Skillet dish, I used the Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs, which tastes a lot like your five-star Italian restaurant meatballs.
What’s in this One-Pan Meatball Pizza Skillet Dish?
When making this one-pan recipe, I really wanted to put together all the flavors you can expect in a single bite of pizza. In addition to the meatballs, you will find sliced mushrooms, black olives, onions, green pepper, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese. This is really a dish that you can cook all the ingredients in one pan and serve over a hearty pasta like rigatoni. If you want to add extra pizza flavor, you can dice up some pepperoni and add to the sauce as well. This is a dish my family absolutely loved and that was really creative!
Carando Italian Meatballs aren’t just great for easy dinner recipes like these, but they are also a great choice for entertaining and snacking! As we approach numerous holiday parties, consider using Carando meatballs for your favorite meatball appetizer recipes! I can’t begin to tell you about the flavor that you will love.
- 2 Packages Carando Abruzzese Italian Meatballs
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz. sliced mushrooms
- ¼ c. black olives, chopped
- 14 oz pizza sauce
- ½ c. water
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- ½ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 ½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Rigatoni Pasta, cooked
- In a large and shallow cooking pan, on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and when heated, add the meatballs to the pan and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes. The meatballs will brown and appear golden brown on all sides.
- Once cooked, remove the meatballs and set aside. Using the remaining oil in the pan, add the diced onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms (canned is fine) and olives and stir into the rest of the ingredients. NOTE: If you are going to add diced pepperoni, you can add them in this stage. About ½ cup of pepperoni should do it.
- Pour the pizza sauce and water in the pan and stir. Add the oregano and stir. Return the meatballs back to the skillet on medium-high heat. Cook for about 10 minutes covered with a lid. Finally, add the parmesan cheese and then mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid again to melt and serve over cooked pasta.