This Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs are smother in a rich Mushroom Cream Sauce that is to die for! Use Chicken Thighs for this recipe tonight.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 2/3 c. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Using a cast iron skillet or heavy duty/ovenproof skillet and brush the tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of the skillet. Place the chicken thighs around the skillet and rub the thighs with the butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Be sure to base the chicken with the liquid released in the pan every 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, let’s get started on the sauce.
- In a medium nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat and begin to cook the shallots and mushrooms until the shallots are translucent and mushrooms are softened, about 5-7 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 3 minutes; add the butter and white wine. Allow the wine to simmer for another 2-3 minutes and add the cream. Bring the cream to slightly simmer and add the capers and parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to simmer on a low heat until ready to serve.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place 1-2 pieces on a plate (whatever is desired) and pour some of the cream sauce on top and serve.
- Category: Dinner