My Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Cream Sauce will have you loving dinnertime. Perfectly roasted chicken thighs topped off with an easy creamy mushroom sauce with heavy cream, white wine, and capers is an awesome date night meal!
This Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Recipe with Mushroom Cream Sauce is one of my favorite recipes in my book.
So, I am sharing with you some of my personal favorite dishes from my e-book, “I Love You…Let’s Eat!” Today we will take a dip into the dinner chapter of my book called, “Honey I’m Home!” If you find the title of the chapters somewhat cute, I can take no credit for that. My delicious husband came up with the concept all by himself! I thought they were pretty awesome so I took it and ran with it! This is by far one of my favorite recipes in the entire book. Why? Because I put mushrooms in the sauce, and I don’t even like mushrooms but in this recipe, I love them! They are so yummy and make the whole dish more special and decadent.
After I took pictures of this plate in particular, I sat down and started nibbling on the dish and I promise you I looked down and everything was gone. In fact, my husband even helped me eat the darn thing. We didn’t use words to describe what we were feeling about this dish. We communicated using a variety of “ohs and ahhs” and non-verbal language that suggested that we were gone from this life, and will return when we finish eating. I promise you this, if you make this for someone you are trying to impress, they will love you for it! Maybe, just maybe you will guys will experience a second set of “ohs and ahs” once the dish is empty. I’m just saying.
Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
This Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs are smother in a rich Mushroom Cream Sauce that is to die for! Use Chicken Thighs for this recipe tonight.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 2/3 c. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Using a cast iron skillet or heavy duty/ovenproof skillet and brush the tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of the skillet. Place the chicken thighs around the skillet and rub the thighs with the butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Be sure to base the chicken with the liquid released in the pan every 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, let’s get started on the sauce.
- In a medium nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat and begin to cook the shallots and mushrooms until the shallots are translucent and mushrooms are softened, about 5-7 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 3 minutes; add the butter and white wine. Allow the wine to simmer for another 2-3 minutes and add the cream. Bring the cream to slightly simmer and add the capers and parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to simmer on a low heat until ready to serve.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place 1-2 pieces on a plate (whatever is desired) and pour some of the cream sauce on top and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dinner
Leave a Reply