Crab and Spinach Artichoke Dip
I know, right?!
This Crab and Spinach Artichoke Dip is delicious!
So my best friend, Dayana, loves this Crab and Spinach Artichoke dip. I remember some years ago I made this dip on a whim and had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t measure anything. I just had some ingredients that worked perfectly to make this dip. Needless to say, she loved it and it was really, really good! I think I made it when I was in college or something like that. I promise, every time we have a get together she asks me to make that dip and for the recipe. Until I actually made the recipe again, I kept telling her that I didn’t know what I did. In her mind that was unacceptable. Well, I finally decided to make the dip and measure everything I put in the dish and then this dip was born. I know that isn’t the most romantic story suited for this book, but its a story. When I finally made this dip to test for this book, I had a bunch of my husbands friends over and they seriously went to town on the dip. I mean like, went to town. I can honestly say I was a bit nervous because this dip isn’t something that you would initially think to make for a crowd of men, but it really worked.
In this section of the book, “The Warm Up”, I wanted to create recipes that are sexy and delicious to enjoy with a significant other. Let me say this, my e-book is not just for couples. These recipes work well for small dinner parties as well. Don’t think that if you’re not in a relationship that you have no reason to buy this book. That couldn’t be any farther from the truth. Hell, you can make these recipes for yourself if you want. What I hope to express with you all is love. Love that I am sharing with you and love that you could share with your loved ones. That is the point of love, isn’t it? The point is to spread and share love to all of who you meet. If you’re not spreading love, you may not be eating amazing food.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ½ c. mayo
- 1 c. Gruyere Cheese, grated
- ½ c. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 7 oz. artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ c. panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until creamy. Take the spinach out of the bag and turn to a strainer. Squeeze the excess moisture from the spinach and add to the cream cheese mixture. Mix with the cream cheese and add the mayo, cream, Gruyere Cheese, and ¼ cup of Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the lump crab meat and artichoke hearts. Pour the crab meat mixture into a 32 ounce baking dish. In a small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and panko crumbs and sprinkle on top of the dip. Bake for 20 minutes and the topping is golden. Serve with crostini’s.