Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a perfect option for the Fall and the holidays. This is a creamy cheesecake that is topped with a sweet and luscious pecan topping.
Pecan Pie + Cheesecake= Pecan Pie Cheesecake!
As if you need another dessert to make for the holidays. Or do you? During the holidays, my family typically has just as many desserts as we have side dishes. This is Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a perfect addition to any dessert table and perfect for me. Why? Well, I am not big on Pecan Pie itself. It isn’t because it’s not good, its a bit too sweet for me. What do you expect when you have a pie made with corn syrup and sugar? So this cheesecake recipe is perfect for me because it isn’t as sweet, but still has that nutty pecan flavors that I love.
- Recipe adapted from Taste of South Magazine
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
The Pecan Pie Cheesecake is the perfect combination of decadence and home baking. Make this Pecan Pie Cheesecake for the holidays to impress your family and guests.
- 1 3/4 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- Pecan Filling:
- 1 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. dark corn syrup
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cheesecake filling:
- 3–8 oz. Cream Cheese packages, room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs and brown sugar for crust. Add the melted butter, stirring to combine. Press evenly into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes and let cool.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, pecans, and vanilla for pecan filling to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring well,. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring well. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour into prepared crust. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to 325 Degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the brown sugar and flour and beat until fluff. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just well combined after each addition. Stir in the cream and vanilla extract. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the pecan filling.
- Secure the edges of the springform pan with aluminum foil. Place inside a deep baking dish and fill 1/3 with water and bake for one hour. Turn off the oven but still leave the cheesecake inside for another hour, closed.
- Run a knife around the edges to release sides. Let cool completely. Refrigerator overnight or 4 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 80 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply