Try something different with your chicken breast for dinner tonight and make this Pan-Seared Parmesan Peppercorn Chicken Breast recipe that is made with a creamy sauce made with garlic, crushed peppercorns, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Pack Perdue HARVESTLAND Free Range Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 . flour
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Black peppercorn, smashed
- 2 c. heavy cream
- Dollop of sour cream
- 3/4 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Slice each chicken breast in half making six pieces of chicken breast. Use the salt and pepper and season the chicken on both sides with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the flour into a shallow pan and add a pinch of salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Use a fork and stir.
- In a large skillet, heat to medium-high heat. Add the canola oil. Once the oil is ready, dredge the chicken breast through the flour and shake off the excess flour vigorously. Place the chicken in the pan and cook on both sides for 5 minutes until golden brown. The chicken should be golden and crisp. Once cooked, remove it from the pan.
- Once the chicken has cooked, clean the pan and place back on the stove on medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Pour the cream and bring it to steam.
- Next, add the parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and dissolved. Add a dollop of sour cream and stir until well mixed.
- Take the peppercorns and mash in a mortar and pestle. Or place in a sandwich bag and smash with a meat hammer or rolling pan, just enough until cracked. Add the peppercorns and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken breast back in the sauce and reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes and serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Entree
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken breast, chicken breast recipes, recipes, dinner recipes, perdue chicken, chicken recipes, dinner recipes, peppercorn chicken, chicken in peppercorn sauce, chicken tonight peppercorn sauce