This Pecan Braid Recipe is simple yet beautiful. Made with pecans, brown sugar, and a touch of cinnamon, your breakfast will never be the same!
- 1 Crescent Roll or Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 tbsp. Butter softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ . Pecan Chips
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. milk
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough sheet. Using a roller pin, roll out about 1-inch long wise making a long rectangle. Be sure the dough is not rolled out too thin to where it begins to fall apart.
- Spread the butter on the sheet evenly. Combine brown sugar, pecan chips, and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle on top of pastry sheet leaving 1 inch of the border bare. Begin to roll the pastry sheet into a long log tightly. Carefully lift and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Starting one inch from the top of the pecan log cut the log in half longwise exposing the layers of the pecan log. Carefully begin twist braiding the log. Once the log has been braided, begin twisting in a circle while still twisting the pastry sheet into spiral shape. Place the pecan braid on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Whisk the egg white in a small ramekin until frothy. Brush the pecan braid with the egg white and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to slightly cool.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until well combined. Drizzle on top of the braid and allow to set. Cut into triangles and serve.
- Category: Breakfast