Food that looks this pretty is hard to eat. But this Pecan Braid Recipe makes an exception to that rule.
This is a delicious and beautiful dish. This Pecan Braid Recipe is simply amazing and perfect for your morning breakfast or brunch.
You know, I like to challenge myself in the kitchen by making dishes that are considered to be advanced but that isn’t the challenge for me. The challenge is taking something that is typically made at an advanced level and making it for novice cooks and bakers like most of you. Have you ever looked at a dish and thought how delicious it looks but it looks so pretty that it seems complicated? Yea. That happens to me all the time. As a food blogger, I am alway exposed to new food trends and recipes. Along with that, I follow a lot of foodies and see a lot of beautiful photography that makes me green with envy (to be honest). But when I read their titles I almost immediately think, “Uh yea, I’m not going to make that. Looks good though.” You know what I am talking about. Food titles like Honey Cashew Crusted Tarragon Chicken or Hibiscus and Roasted Beet Gazpacho, or Lavender and Hazelnut Chiffon Cake. We’ve all seen the beautiful photography and read the titles and said “What?” to ourselves. Well, yes this Pecan Braid Recipe looks incredible and I promise the recipe is far from complicated.
If you’re anything like me, I know whether I am going to make something based off of the picture, the amount of steps and ingredients involved. When I glance through a cookbook if I see the ingredients are two pages long, there is a slim chance I will make that dish. If I see there are more than 10-15 ingredients, I might take a pass on that as well. It just depends on the dish itself and how badly I want to make it. Now if you are like me, then you are already assessing this recipe if it something you want to make. Well let me tell you, yes it is, and by looking at the ingredients and amount of steps, I am sure you are already writing the ingredients down on your grocery list.
This Pecan Braid Recipe requires only 5 main ingredients and minutes to put together. You can make. You can enjoy this Pecan Braid for breakfast or brunch. In fact, because of how easy this Pecan Braid Recipe is I thought about having a brunch with some friends and family. All I would need is to make about 2-3 of these braids, buy some fruit, and fry up some bacon. Doesn’t that sound good?! I hope you like that idea because I know you will like this Pecan Braid Recipe.
Pecan Braid Recipe
- Yield: 8 1x
This Pecan Braid Recipe is simple yet beautiful. Made with pecans, brown sugar, and a touch of cinnamon, your breakfast will never be the same!
- 1 Crescent Roll or Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 tbsp. Butter softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ . Pecan Chips
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. milk
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough sheet. Using a roller pin, roll out about 1-inch long wise making a long rectangle. Be sure the dough is not rolled out too thin to where it begins to fall apart.
- Spread the butter on the sheet evenly. Combine brown sugar, pecan chips, and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle on top of pastry sheet leaving 1 inch of the border bare. Begin to roll the pastry sheet into a long log tightly. Carefully lift and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Starting one inch from the top of the pecan log cut the log in half longwise exposing the layers of the pecan log. Carefully begin twist braiding the log. Once the log has been braided, begin twisting in a circle while still twisting the pastry sheet into spiral shape. Place the pecan braid on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Whisk the egg white in a small ramekin until frothy. Brush the pecan braid with the egg white and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to slightly cool.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until well combined. Drizzle on top of the braid and allow to set. Cut into triangles and serve.
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Reply