Do you have a freshly baked cake but no time to cut it? Here’s an idea — make cake balls! Here is a recipe for frosted peppermint cake balls.
- 1 White Cake Mix Box (including the contents required oil, large eggs, water)
- 1 16oz White Frosting Jar
- 1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 1 lb. White Chocolate/ Vanilla Candy Coating
- 2 c. Crushed Candy Cane Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix and prepare according to the manufactures instructions. Mix using the required measurements of eggs, oil, and water. Once mixed, pour into the baking dish and bake according to manufactures instructions, about 25-30 minutes typically.
- Once the cake is finished baking, allow cooling completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, use hands to crumble the cake mixture into fine cake crumbs. Add the peppermint extract to the cake. Add about ¾ of the frosting to the cake crumbles and stir until it becomes one cohesive mixture.
- Once combined, use a cookie scoop and scoop balls of cake mixture onto a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Once you have all of the cake mixtures in the form of balls, cover them in plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for about 30 minutes or overnight.
- Remove the cake balls from the refrigerator and roll them into smooth round balls. Pour the crushed candy cane pieces onto a large shallow pan. Melt the candy coating (vanilla or white chocolate) in a microwave-safe bowl and melt until smooth.
- Moving quickly, dip the ball in the melted coating mixture using a cake pop stick or roll using a fork, and coat on all sides. Carefully shake off all excess candy coating and roll into the crushed candy or sprinkle the candy on top of the candy coating before it sets. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat the process until completed.
Before gifting or serving, be sure the candy coating has set. You can place it on a serving platter or in candy wrapping paper.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Christmas
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake pops, holiday cake pops, peppermint cake pops, peppermint cake balls, peppermint cake pops starbucks