These cake pops are one of the easiest holiday edible gifts you will ever make. All you need is a cake box mix, premade frosting, and crushed candy cane pieces. Oh, don’t forget the white chocolate candy coating that makes these cake balls even more delicious and full of the holiday spirit.
Each year for Christmas, I make the immediate members of my family custom Christmas Cookie Boxes filled with cookies, fudge, holiday candy, and all sorts of things. This is something that I started of the need to save money but has grown into a sort of a big deal. Giving edible gifts to my family, co-workers, and neighbors have become somewhat of my personal brand. Like most brands, big or small, I always try to find other ways to elevate my brand and add to its position. I am adding cake pops (balls) to everyone’s boxes this year, starting with these Peppermint Cake Pops (Balls).
How to make Cake Pops
If you know me, everything I do is easy. When it comes to making cake pops, I pretty much made them the same way I made my Funfetti Cake Balls.
- I baked a cake from a cake box mix.
- Once it finished baking, I allowed it to cool before I crumbled it into pieces.
- I took premade frosting and added it to the cake crumbles to make a cake and frosting mixture.
- Used a cookie scooper and scooped the mixture into balls and placed them in the fridge.
- Once they were chilled, I dipped them in white chocolate candy coating and rolled in crushed peppermint (candy cane) crumbles.
This is a great baking treat that the kids can make with guidance or help in the kitchen. You can buy cake pop sticks and use those to make them look like cake pop lollipops, or you can dip them on their own. Whatever you want to do, I am sure it would be great.
Make a variety of Cake Pops
You don’t have to use white or yellow cake mix to make holiday festive cake pops (balls). You can also use holiday Funfetti cake mix or even chocolate cake mix to change it up. Here are some cake pop (balls) smash up ideas for your consideration:
- Chocolate Cake > Chocolate Frosting > Crushed Peppermint (Candy Cane) Candy
- Funfetti Cake > Funfetti Frosting >> Holiday Sprinkles
- Red Velvet Cake Mix > Cream Cheese Frosting > Holiday Sprinkles
- Brownie Cake Mix > Chocolate Coating > Toffee Pieces
- Gingerbread/ Spice Cake Mix > White Frosting > Chopped Crystalized Ginger
Whatever you decide to make this holiday season, try not to add more pressure to yourself by making many from-scratch recipes that take up extra time and effort. Make things easy on yourself and try these Peppermint Cake Pops (Balls) that only require a few ingredients and are a cinch to make.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes. These can be made a week before serving. I would keep them in the refrigerator, so the candy coating doesn’t melt and keep the cake pops (balls) fresh.
You can wrap them in sandwich bags and put a cute holiday bowl on them to make them look festive, holiday bags, or even these cake pop bags to make them look real exclusive.
I have seen people use a piece of styrofoam as a base for the cake pops and make cute little decorations on the styrofoam. A good idea for a cake pop display, in this case, would be to decorate the styrofoam with fake snow or cotton balls.