You don’t have to be a vegetarian or vegan to enjoy this dish.
- 2 large Russet Potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. diced jalapeno peppers
- 6 100% whole wheat soft tortillas
- 2– 10 oz. can Green Enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. can green chiles
- cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
- Take the diced potatoes and place them in a large pot filled with water. Boil the potatoes until they are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes and then drain.
- Take the kale leaves off the stem and rinse to make sure they are clean. Chop the kale and set aside.
- Take a large saute pan and drizzle with 3 tbsp. olive oil on medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the diced onions and cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the kale and saute for another 10 minutes until the kale is completely cooked and wilted down. Add the diced potatoes and stir until evenly distributed. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chilli powder; add the diced jalapeno peppers. Cook with all ingredients for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Now that the enchilada filling is cooked, take a whole wheat tortilla and take about 2/3 cups of filling and spread in the middle of the tortilla, roll it up, and place inside a large rectangular dish. Repeat process until all filling is completely gone. Should make anywhere between 6-8 enchiladas (if you make more than 6 you may want to get another can of enchilada sauce).
- In a medium bowl, pour in both cans of enchilada sauce along with the 4 oz. can of green chilies; stir and pour evenly over the enchiladas. Place inside the oven for 10 minutes, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Vegetarian/ Vegan