These Pretzel Garlic Parmesan Knots are perfect as a dinner roll or an appetizer. Serve alongside with some dipping sauces.
- 1 lb. Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Pretzel Creations
- water & oil (according to the box measurements)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. basil leaves
- 2 tsp. oregano leaves
- pinch of salt
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Begin to prepare the pretzel dough as instructed on the back of the box: Add the flour, yeast, oil, and water to a bowl and stir until a ball of dough. Cover with towel and let sit for 25-30 minutes. The dough will risen slightly and won’t double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, turn the dough onto a slightly floured surface and divide into 12 balls (you can make them bigger or smaller if you desire).
- Roll out the dough until it is about 5 inches in length, take the ends of the rolled dough and tie a knot in the dough, and tuck the ends of the dough behind the knot. Repeat until all dough is complete.
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Pour in the baking soda provided by the kit into the water. Add the knots into the water allow to remain in the water for 10-15 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the water, shake off excess water, and turn to a baking sheet that has been sprayed with baking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- In a small ramekin, whisk together the egg and water and brush each knot with the egg mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly brown. Meanwhile, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter and add the garlic powder, oregano, basil, and pinch of salt and set aside.
- As soon as the knots are finished baking, brush with melted butter mixture until all butter has been used. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese as desired and serve!
- Category: Appetizer