Garlic, Parmesan, and some herbs are all that are needed to take these Pretzel Knots to the next level. These Pretzel Garlic Parmesan Knots are perfect for dinner or an appetizer.
Pretzel Garlic Parmesan Knots
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
These Pretzel Garlic Parmesan Knots are perfect as a dinner roll or an appetizer. Serve alongside with some dipping sauces.
- 1 lb. Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Pretzel Creations
- water & oil (according to the box measurements)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. basil leaves
- 2 tsp. oregano leaves
- pinch of salt
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Begin to prepare the pretzel dough as instructed on the back of the box: Add the flour, yeast, oil, and water to a bowl and stir until a ball of dough. Cover with towel and let sit for 25-30 minutes. The dough will risen slightly and won’t double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, turn the dough onto a slightly floured surface and divide into 12 balls (you can make them bigger or smaller if you desire).
- Roll out the dough until it is about 5 inches in length, take the ends of the rolled dough and tie a knot in the dough, and tuck the ends of the dough behind the knot. Repeat until all dough is complete.
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Pour in the baking soda provided by the kit into the water. Add the knots into the water allow to remain in the water for 10-15 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the water, shake off excess water, and turn to a baking sheet that has been sprayed with baking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- In a small ramekin, whisk together the egg and water and brush each knot with the egg mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly brown. Meanwhile, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter and add the garlic powder, oregano, basil, and pinch of salt and set aside.
- As soon as the knots are finished baking, brush with melted butter mixture until all butter has been used. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese as desired and serve!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer
Leave a Reply