I have to thank an old college friend for teaching me how to make this Easy Taco Dip Recipe. So thank you, friend, you know who you are.
This Easy Taco Dip Recipe is one of the first recipes I mastered.
One of my most favorite times of the year will be here next weekend. This is something that I think should be a national holiday. Have you guessed what I am referring to? Oh, yeah homie’s I’m talking about Super Bowl Sunday! I love that darn day. Not because of the game but because of the food! I love finger foods. I love sports bar food. I also love the atmosphere of men yelling at the television; men arguing over who the best quarter back is; people going back and forth filling their plates with food; and me making corny jokes that annoy people throughout the entire game. That is where I fit in. If you ever invite me over to a football or tailgate party, you will find me near the food and the booze! That is my domain because I know nothing about the sport.
This is probably one of the easiest and cheapest dips that you will ever make. I know that you will love it and I know that the crowd that you are making it for will love it too. I had this the first time when I was in college and fell in love with it. I was lucky to have a college friend at the time who loved to cook and share different recipes with the rest of this. She made food that was as close to our momma’s home cooking that we were going to get at the time. So, thank you old friend for giving me the gift that is going to keep on giving.
- 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- ⅓ c. green onion, chopped
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. green salsa
- 2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a medium sized skillet, cook your ground beef. Break up the beef as it cooks. Cook until the meal is thoroughly cooked and drain excess grease and oil. Return beef back to the pan on low heat.
- Sprinkle the cooked meat with the taco seasoning and stir to make sure the seasoning is well mixed. Take the refried beans and add the beans little by little to the meat. You are really going to have to stir and smash the beans into the beef because the beans are a little stiff. Once the beans and beef are smooth and well mixed spread into the bottom of 9X9 square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and green salsa and mix well. Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the beef mixture and on top of the sour cream sprinkle the green onions and on top of the green onions sprinkle the cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly. Allow to cool before serving.