These Pumpkin Beignets are an awesome introduction to the Fall Season! Enjoy them by dipping them into this easy Maple Dipping Sauce!
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast
- 3 1/ 2 c. flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. Brandy
- Cinnamon-sugar for sprinkling
- Dipping Sauce
- 2 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. maple extract
- 1 tbsp. Bourbon or Brandy
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Pinch of salt
- Dissolve yeast in a cup of hot water with the salt. Add 1 cup of flour to the yeast mixture and mix until smooth. Form the mixture into a ball and place inside a bowl sprayed with non-stick oil spray, and place in a warm spot covered with kitchen towel. Allow to sit for 1 hour, until yeast mixture as doubled in size.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs until frothy. Add the remaining flour, oil, sugar, pumpkin spice, and mix well with wooden spoon. Let stand while yeast mixture rises.
- Once the yeast mixture has doubled in size, combine with egg-flour mixture with wooden spoon or paddle attachment with stand mixer. Also add the pumpkin puree and brandy. Once the mixture has combined, place in warm place covered with kitchen towel, and allow to double in size, at least, 1hour.
- [In this step, the mixture will seem very wet and elastic. If it is too wet where it looks it isn’t combining, add ¼ cup of flour until it combines. I only needed to add 1 cup of flour, which I already added to the ingredients in the recipe so you should be okay.]
- In a deep fryer, heat vegetable oil on 350 Degrees. Using a cookie scooper, scoop some of the dough and drop into the hot oil. Allow to fry on both sides’ for2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove from oil. Immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat this process until all dough is fried.
- Once all of the beignets are fried, sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar and serve.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients (powdered sugar, maple extract, Bourbon or Brandy, milk, and salt) in a bowl and whisk together.
- Prep Time: 120 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert