This Pumpkin Creme Brulee recipe is incredibly silky, smooth, and easy to keep eating! It is spiced with pumpkin spice and topped with a crunchy topping.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 c, heavy cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. sugar or raw cane sugar
- 4–8 ounce ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees. Grease the sides of the ramekins with butter and set them aside.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium saucepan and turn to medium heat to reach a steaming simmer. Remove the hot milk mixture from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar and whisk together. Slowly add the hot milk mixture to the egg yolks and whisk to temper the egg yolks. Add warm milk to the egg yolks while whisking until completely combined. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and whisk. Strain the mixture using a fine-mesh sieve into another bowl or large measuring cup.
- Pour the mixture evenly into four ramekins. Place the ramekins inside a large shallow baking dish and fill with hot water about halfway.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. The custard should be jiggly yet firm in the middle. Remove from the water bath. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the custards with the raw cane sugar in an even layer, completely covering the custard. Use a kitchen torch and caramelize the sugar until it has dissolved and turned to a dark amber color.
- If you do not have a torch, turn your oven broiler on high heat and place the custards inside the oven for about 2 minutes. Be sure to stay close to the oven to keep an eye on the custards. Allow to cool and serve!
NOTE: Don’t place the custards back in the fridge after torching because the sugar will melt, and the topping will no longer be crunchy.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: pumpkin spice creme brulee, creme brulee recipe, pumpkin creme brulee, fall creme brluee, Pumpkin Spice Creme Brûlée