This Pumpkin Creme Brulee recipe is incredibly silky, smooth, and easy to keep eating! It is spiced with pumpkin spice and topped with a crunchy topping.
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ c, heavy cream
- ½ c. milk
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ⅓ c. sugar or raw cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, add the heavy cream, milk, and pumpkin pie spice and bring it to a steaming simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar and whisk together. Slowly add the milk mixture to the egg yolks and whisk to temper the egg yolks. Continue to add the warm milk to the egg yolks while whisking until completely combined. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and whisk.
- Pour the mixture evenly into four ramekins. Place the ramekins inside a large shallow baking dish and fill with water about halfway. Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. The custard should be jiggly yet firm in the middle. Remove from the water bath. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for, at least, 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the custards evenly with the sugar while completely covering the custard. Use a culinary torch and torch the sugar until the sugar has dissolved and turned to a dark amber color. If you do not have a torch, turn your oven broiler on high heat and place the custards inside the oven for about 2 minutes. Be sure to stay close to the oven to keep an eye on the custards. Allow to cool and serve!
- NOTE: Don’t place the custards back in the fridge after torching because the sugar will melt and the topping will no longer be crunchy.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French