Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is a sweet and salty treat made with pretzels, candy corn, M&M’s, Cheerios, and Rice Chex Mix flavored with pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 12 oz. Rice Chex cereal
- 2 c. Pumpkin Pie Spice Cheerios (or plain)
- 4 c. mini pretzels
- 1 1/2 c. candy corn
- 1 1/2 c. M&M’s
- 1 c. Honey Roasted Peanuts
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, melt the butter and brown sugar together in a microwave for about 1 ½ minutes. Use a fork to mix the ingredients until it looks like a smooth caramel sauce. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and stir. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Rice Chex cereal, Cheerios, and pretzels and toss to combine together. Pour butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss until all ingredients in the cereal mixture are coated with the butter mixture. Pour the snack mix onto the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. At 20-25 minutes use a spatula to flip the cereal for even baking.
- Once the snack mix is finished, allow sitting at room temperature. Take the snack mix and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the candy corn, M&M’s, and nuts. Toss until evenly distributed and serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (with cooling)
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Snack, Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American, Fall
Keywords: fall chex mix, harvest chex mix, Halloween chex mix, thanksgiving chex mix, pumpkin harvest chex mix, harvest trail mix recipe