Bring in the fall with a delicious and addictive snack. This Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is filled with a variety of snacks like Cheerios, Rice Chex cereal, pretzels, candy corn, M&M’s, and caramel popcorn all with warm pumpkin spice for added flavor.
I have to admit, for the longest time I didn’t like Chex Mix snack mix. For no real reason really other than I thought it was weird. It wasn’t until last year that I got curious (hey, being in lockdown will do that to you) enough to give it a try. So I made this Fall Chex Mix recipe from one of my food blogger pals, Country Cook, and fell in love! This year, I decided to make my own version and put my own “fall” spin to it.
Making this Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix recipe came from being in the grocery store and coming across seasonal Pumpkin Spice Cheerios. I told myself that I have to use the cereal in something. I grabbed the box with no idea what to do with it initially. Then, I thought how great it would be to add it to the fall Chex Mix that I was going to make but with more pumpkin pie spice.
Ingredients in the Chex Mix
What I love about the Chex Mix snack mix is you can add about anything you want. As long as you start with the base which is:
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
Once you combine those and bake in the oven with a coating of melted butter and brown sugar, you then add the fun stuff! The ingredients I added to this recipe are:
- Candy Corn
- Caramel Popcorn
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
Or you can add
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Reese’s Pieces candy
- Mini Reese’s Pieces cups
- Pumpkin Seeds
Add them to the ingredients in the bowl with the baked pumpkin spice snack mix and toss for even distribution. You can keep the snack mix in a large bowl, or you can put them in cute cups or snack bags. I am telling you, with all the sweetness in this snack, you won’t be able to resist at your next Halloween or Fall Harvest party.
If you like this recipe, you will love the ones below.Print
Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12–16 1x
Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is a sweet and salty treat made with pretzels, candy corn, M&M’s, Cheerios, and Rice Chex Mix flavored with pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 c. unsalted butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 12 oz. Rice Chex cereal
- 2 c. Pumpkin Pie Spice Cheerios (or plain)
- 4 c. mini pretzels
- 1 1/2 c. candy corn
- 1 1/2 c. M&M’s
- 1 c. Honey Roasted Peanuts
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, melt the butter and brown sugar together in a microwave for about 1 ½ minutes. Use a fork to mix the ingredients until it looks like a smooth caramel sauce. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and stir. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Rice Chex cereal, Cheerios, and pretzels and toss to combine together. Pour butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss until all ingredients in the cereal mixture are coated with the butter mixture. Pour the snack mix onto the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. At 20-25 minutes use a spatula to flip the cereal for even baking.
- Once the snack mix is finished, allow sitting at room temperature. Take the snack mix and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the candy corn, M&M’s, and nuts. Toss until evenly distributed and serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (with cooling)
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Snack, Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American, Fall
Keywords: fall chex mix, harvest chex mix, Halloween chex mix, thanksgiving chex mix, pumpkin harvest chex mix, harvest trail mix recipe
Leave a Reply