Combine the warm taste of Pumpkin with the sticky topping of Sticky buns and make this Pumpkin Sticky Buns Recipe topped with a pecan caramel sauce.
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree
- 4 1/2 c. all purpose flour, more for kneading and combining
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. light corn syrup
- 2 c. pecan pieces
- In a large pot, combine the whole milk, vegetable oil, and sugar on medium heat. Bring to steaming, but not boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool until the mixture is warm to the touch, but not hot.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the mixture and allow it to sit until foamy for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Combine 4 cups of flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and mix together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir together using a wooden spoon. The dough will appear to still be wet and sticky. Cover with kitchen towel and place in warm place for 1 hour to allow to double in size.
- After an hour, the mixture should be puffy and doubled in size. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the extra ½ cup of flour and stir until the dough comes together. You will need about 1-2 more cups for kneading and bringing together. The dough will be very sticky.
- Add flour to a clean surface, turn the dough onto the floured surface, dust your hands with flour and begin to knead the dough. Continue to add flour until the dough is smooth and pliable (it took me an extra cup or so of flour to make this happen).
- Once the dough is smooth, dust a rolling pin with flour and roll the dough into a long rectangle, about 18X24 inches. Mix the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice mixture into a small bowl. Spread the softened butter on top of the dough, edge to edge; and sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture on top of the butter.
- Roll, tightly, into a log going up and down the log of dough. Use a sharp knife and cut the dough into ½ to ¾ inch slices. Place in a buttered 9X13 baking dish. Cover again with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes. Allow to sit to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the stick of butter and allow to melt on medium heat. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup. Whisk together until combined and allow to come to a slight simmer. Add the pecan pieces and stir and let simmer for about another minute. Pour the caramel mixture over the pumpkin buns. Allow them to sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Breakfast