This Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is an answer to finding a delicious weeknight dinner! Made with sirloin beef, onions, and mushrooms over egg noodles!
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1.25 lbs Beef Angus sirloin, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced in half-moons
- 4 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. beef broth
- 3 tbsp. Corn starch
- 1/2 c. plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked paprika
- Cooked Egg Noodles
- Garnish: fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Season the beef sirloin steak with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Add to the hot pan and cook on both sides until browned and crusty, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and turn to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the butter and allow it to melt. Then add the onions and mushrooms and cook until translucent and softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and beef broth in a bowl and stir so the cornstarch can be dissolved. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the pan with the onions and mushrooms.
- Stir, and the sauce will thicken in about 1-3 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, and plain greek yogurt, and stir until creamy and no yogurt streaks in the sauce.
- Add the beef back to the gravy and stir to distribute evenly. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over cooked egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
- I only used half of a bag of Egg Noodles for this serving size. I only used 8 ounces as opposed to 16 ounces.
- To make this meal faster, you can use canned cream of mushroom soup to skip making the sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick beef stroganoff, easy beef stroganoff recipe, easy beef stroganoff with cream of mushroom soup, quick easy beef stroganoff