Looking for a comforting and quick meal to make during a busy weeknight? Look no further than this delicious and easy-to-make Quick Beef Stroganoff Recipe. Packed with beefy, creamy, and flavorful goodness, this dish will satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
As working parents, my husband and I understand the pressure of coming home tired and having to prepare a meal. That’s why we swear by meal kits and easy-to-make recipes like this. Serve it over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles – we recommend the latter for the best taste experience. An easy dinner in mind that is easy to put together would be ideal. So, this Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe is perfect for any day of the week.
How to make Beef Stroganoff Gravy
The gravy of Beef Stroganoff is the most critical part of the entire dish. It is the element that brings everything together. It is also easy. I added cornstarch to beef broth, a touch of Worcestershire sauce, and a little smoked paprika.
The natural flavor of the beef broth and the cooked beef tips add all the flavor that the dish needs to be delicious. Then to give the gravy some extra creaminess, you can use sour cream or plain greek yogurt (that is what I did). The yogurt’s tartness elevates the flavor, and the Beef stroganoff gravy from delicious to finger-licking good.
Tips for making this Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Here are a few tips for making this easy dish even easier to make:
Prep ahead of time: To make the cooking process even quicker, consider prepping the ingredients, such as cutting the beef and onions, measuring the spices, and preparing the beef broth. This can save time and make the cooking process more efficient.
Swap ingredients: If you don’t have all the ingredients, feel free to make substitutions. For example, you can use sour cream instead of yogurt or ground beef instead of beef tips. You can even use penne pasta for more egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Get creative and use what you have in your pantry or fridge.
Adjust seasonings to taste: Everyone has different preferences regarding seasoning, so be sure to taste the stroganoff before serving and adjust the seasonings as needed. If you like a spicier dish, add more paprika or black pepper. If you prefer a creamier dish, add more sour cream or yogurt.
Make it a one-pot meal: To simplify the cleanup process, consider cooking the stroganoff in a large pot or Dutch oven rather than using multiple pans. This will save time and make cleanup a breeze.
Leftovers: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or frozen for up to three months. When reheating, add a water or beef broth splash to help revive the flavors.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes. You can freeze this dish in an air-tight container or a large freezer bag for up to one month. When you are ready to cook, set it out at room temperature and allow it to thaw. Place in a large pot on warm and add a little water.
Aside from the egg noodles, mashed potatoes, pasta, green beans, and asparagus would be a lovely side dish.
If you like recipes like this, you will like the easy dinner recipes below:Print
Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
This Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is an answer to finding a delicious weeknight dinner! Made with sirloin beef, onions, and mushrooms over egg noodles!
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1.25 lbs Beef Angus sirloin, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced in half-moons
- 4 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. beef broth
- 3 tbsp. Corn starch
- 1/2 c. plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked paprika
- Cooked Egg Noodles
- Garnish: fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Season the beef sirloin steak with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Add to the hot pan and cook on both sides until browned and crusty, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and turn to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the butter and allow it to melt. Then add the onions and mushrooms and cook until translucent and softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and beef broth in a bowl and stir so the cornstarch can be dissolved. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the pan with the onions and mushrooms.
- Stir, and the sauce will thicken in about 1-3 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, and plain greek yogurt, and stir until creamy and no yogurt streaks in the sauce.
- Add the beef back to the gravy and stir to distribute evenly. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over cooked egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
- I only used half of a bag of Egg Noodles for this serving size. I only used 8 ounces as opposed to 16 ounces.
- To make this meal faster, you can use canned cream of mushroom soup to skip making the sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick beef stroganoff, easy beef stroganoff recipe, easy beef stroganoff with cream of mushroom soup, quick easy beef stroganoff
Leave a Reply