When you’re pressed for time, you need a meal that is comforting, delicious, and quick. My Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe is beefy, creamy, and full of amazing flavor!
My husband and I have traded places in our weekday routine. He now works for the school system and he gets off of work a little earlier than I do so he is home before I am. So, he cooks dinner throughout the week. He is now understanding the pressure and difficulty that I have felt several times when you’re tired of your workday and you have to come home and get a meal on the table. It’s hard! Your either too physically tired to get in front of the stove, or your too mentally tired to think of something to cook. That is why I swear by meal kits.
How to make Beef Stroganoff Gravy?
The gravy of Beef Stroganoff is the most critical part of the entire dish. It is the element that brings everything together. It is also surprisingly pretty easy. I added cornstarch to some beef broth, a touch of Worcestershire sauce, and a little smoked paprika. The natural flavor of the beef broth, the cooked beef tips adds all the flavor that the dish really needs to be delicious. Then to give the gravy some extra creaminess you can use sour cream or plain greek yogurt (that is what I did). The tartness of the yogurt does elevate the flavor and the Beef stroganoff gravy from delicious to finger-licking good.
The bottom line is as working parents need all of the help and support we can get just to make it through the week. So if you’re looking for a simple meal that doesn’t taste like you just got home and wanted to put something together so your family wouldn’t starve (me at least once a week) this Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe is perfect!
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1.25 lbs Beef Angus sirloin, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced in half-moons
- 4 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. beef broth
- 3 tbsp. Corn starch
- ½ c. plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp. Smoked paprika
- Cooked Egg Noodles
- In a medium non-stick saute pan on medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Season the beef sirloin with kosher salt and pepper on both sides. Add to the hot pan and cook on both sides just until browned and crusty, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and turn to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until translucent and softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and beef broth in a bowl and stir so the cornstarch can be dissolved. Pour in the pan with the onions and mushrooms. Stir and the sauce will begin to thicken, about 1-3 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, plain greek yogurt, and stir until creamy and there are no streaks of yogurt in the sauce. Add the beef back to the gravy and stir to evenly distribute. Cover with lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- NOTE: I only used half of a bag of Egg Noodles for this serving size.I only used 8 ounces as opposed to 16 ounces.