Using a simple package of ramen noodles in stir fry recipes is a great way to make a delicious meal super simple. This Beef Ramen and Stir Fry recipe is made with ramen noodles, prepped stir fry vegetables, and slices of beef chuck steak coated in Korean BBQ Sauce.
Growing up, ramen noodles were a staple household food dish. Not only are ramen noodles super cheap, but they are also pretty accessible at most large and small food markets. So we would eat them for lunch and dinner at times if times were hard. Now that I am older and can’t eat ramen noodles as much as I did when I was younger, I have been exploring different ways to use ramen noodles in healthier dishes. This beef stir fry ramen recipe is a perfect economical and quick dinner recipe that you can make in 30 minutes!
Ramen Noodle Meal Ideas
You can use ramen noodles in stir fry dishes and soups. For example, you can try this Stir Fry Asian Chicken Soup that has ramen. Ramen no longer has to be made straight out of the package in this day and age. Here are a few meal tricks to share where you can use ramen noodles:
- Quick Pad Thai: Cook the ramen noodles, add some chicken, and some frozen veggies. Add a dollop of peanut butter, a squirt of Siracha, and chopped peanuts and you’re good!
- Quick and Easy Pho: I made Pho using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, added some Pho flavored broth, and topped off with cilantro, lime wedges, and bean sprouts. If you can’t find rice noodles then Ramen noodles is a great idea.
- Ramen Noodle Salad: I have seen several salad recipes of the Asian influence where ramen noodles are used as a crouton supplement.
So you see, there are all types of ways you can use ramen noodles these days.
Stir Fry Ramen Recipe
Making this dish is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe. This beef ramen stir fry is made with steak, making this recipe delicious and unique. If you don’t want to use beef, you can make this recipe with shrimp or chicken. You can even make this vegetarian ramen stir fry recipe by using tofu or seitan. As far as the vegetables, here are a few options:
- Slice some bell peppers, onions, broccoli florets, mushrooms, sliced carrots, snow peas, and baby corn. You can prep them yourself by cutting them and placting them in a refrigerated or freezer bag.
- You can do like I did, which was purchase a frozen bag of stir fry vegetables and cook them up!
Commonly Asked Questions
You will use a little of the flavoring in this recipe but not the entire packet.
You will need to cook the noodles in hot water long enough to loosen the noodles. You can continue to pan-fry the noodles in a large skillet with the rest of the ingredients if you would like.
If you like recipes like this Beef Ramen Stir Fry, you will enjoy the recipes below.Print
Beef Ramen Stir Fry
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
Learn how to make beef ramen stir-fry. The recipe will show you how to make a delicious dinner for a family of four.
- 1 1/2 lb. Chuck Rib Eye Sirloin Steak, sliced
- 1 c. Korean BBQ Sauce
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. Stir Fry Veggies, frozen or chopped
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Beef Ramen flavoring or beef bouillon flavoring
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Beef Ramen Noodle Packages
- Garnish: chopped green onions and wonton strips
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil. Season the steak on both sides of kosher salt and black pepper. Sear the steak on both sides for 3-5 minutes or until the steak reaches the desired internal temperature.
- Pour in the Korean BBQ Sauce to the pan with the sliced steak and caramelize for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with lid.
- Add the other two tablespoons to the skillet in a separate large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and cook until loose and cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium saucepot, bring the pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Drain the water from the noodles and add the noodles to the skillet with the vegetables. Toss until well combined.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, and teaspoon of beef ramen flavoring in a separate small bowl. Mix well with a fork and pork in the skillet with the noodles and toss evenly.
- Add a tong of the noodles and veggies to a plate and top with a fourth of the sliced beef on top of the noodles, sprinkle with wonton strips and chopped green onions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: beef stir fry recipe, steak with ramen, beef ramen stir friy, ramen stir fry with beef, beef stir fry recipes
Leave a Reply