I have this thing for Asian inspired soups.
I think they are super fun to eat. One of my favorite soups to eat is Pho. I think its because of the slurping effect that I like to do. It such a simple soup filled with so many flavors. There is cilantro, jalapeno, chicken all stewed in a wonderful and flavorful broth that gives my mouth and tummy much pleasure. Not only that, it is low in calories! I love eating healthy foods that are fun and yummy to eat and this soup is one of them. Eating foods like this is also a great way to trick me into eating my vegetables.
I can’t stand vegetables unless that are saturated in some good fat or sugar (blame my upbringing). There are some vegetables that I don’t mind but overall I cant stand them. I am constantly finding different ways to eat my 203 servings of vegetables each day without losing the flavor or enjoying the meal. It can totally be done. You have to get creative and experiment with different spices and cooking methods to find the best way to make them taste good but it can totally be done. This is one of the best ways to do it.
What I love about this soup dish is that you can create it to be whatever you want. You can make it vegetarian or vegan. You can use tofu or shrimp. You can use a different variety of stir fry vegetables if you want. It is totally up to your interpretation. Another great thing about this comforting bowl of Stir Fry Asian Chicken Soup is that it takes less than 30 minutes to make! I know right! You know I am all about finding easy and quick ways for you guys to eat good. Add this recipe to your Zip List recipe box to make it for your family. It is very cheap to make. All you have to do is buy a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables, chicken strips, broth of your choice, and rice noodles. You can probably buy all of your ingredients for less than $10! Being cheap and eat great is sexy!
- 1 qt. Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. Bag Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables (you'll only need half the bag)
- 4 oz. Brown Rice Noodles
- 8 oz. cooked chicken strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, garnish
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil. Add stir fry vegetables and cook for 7 minutes or until cooked. Add the chicken strips, garlic, and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a medium sized pot, bring the broth to a slight boil. Once the broth is ready, add the rice noodles. Allow the rice noodles to boil for 5-7 minutes and turn off. Pour the stir fry mixture into the pot with the noodles and add the soy sauce and grated ginger. While the broth is still hot, stir to make sure all ingredients are well mixed in the soup. Pour in a large bowl and top off with cilantro and jalapeno peppers.