Take a few shortcuts to make this quick and easy 15 Minute Stir Fry Rice recipe. Made with all the essentials, you’d be surprised that this side dish only takes 15 minutes to make.
I love Chinese food. I can’t say that I’ve had true authentic Chinese food but the Americanized dishes are pretty great. It depends on the mood that I’m in to determine the dish I prefer at the time. I guess you can say that I’ve had the typical dishes like Orange Chicken, General Tso’s Chicken, Bourbon Chicken, and always, Crab Rangoon. Whenever I get Chinese food, I also get my meals with fried rice.
I can absolutely eat Fried Rice by itself. Especially Chicken Fried Rice. It is a meal all on its own. I love a simple fried rice recipe with onions, peas and carrots, and shreds of chicken. I’ve had some fried rice recipes that had a little bit too much stuff in it for me like water chestnuts, peanuts, and some other stuff. For me, less is more. Not only that, when I am making homemade Chinese Food, I need my dishes to be quick and easy.
15 Minute Stir Fried Rice Recipe
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 (1/2 cups) 1x
Made using a few shortcuts, this 15 Minute Stir-Fried Rice doesn’t miss any flavor. It’s made with peas and carrots, onions, and cooked rice.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 c. peas and carrots, frozen
- 2– 16 oz pouches microwavable Jasmine Rice
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- ¼ c. green chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet pan, heat on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the peas and carrots and cook until thawed.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for about one minute. Long enough to loosen the rice. Add to the skillet and toss in with the veggies. Make a hole in the middle of the pan and crack the egg. Allow to cook and once whites appear, begin to scramble with a rubber spatula. Toss the scrambled egg in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame and toss again with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with chopped green onions and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: fried rice, stir fried rice, how to make stir fried rice, chicken fried rice, easy fried rice
Leave a Reply