When you just can’t get to your favorite Japanese hibachi-style restaurant, here is a Homemade Hibachi Chicken Recipe that you can make at home that is super easy and just as delicious. You also need some homemade Yum Yum Sauce to go along with it and I have that for you!
My husband and I consider it a treat to go to a local Hibachi style restaurant every once in a while. When we go, we get the full hibachi restaurant treatment. I’m talking steamed edamame, salad with ginger dressing, Miso Soup, and our favorite hibachi entree. I typically get Chicken or Chicken and Shrimp Hibachi and my husband typically get the same thing. Well, with social distancing and all, we have not treated ourselves so I had to figure out how to make it at home and now I want to share it with you.
Cooking shortcuts to making Hibachi Chicken
Making Homemade Hibachi Chicken is really easy. Especially if you take a few shortcuts that I’ve outlined for you. Here are some shortcuts you can take when making this recipe:
- You can use cooked rice and heat the rice in the microwave. In fact, you can buy stir-fry style rice and heat it up in 90 seconds!
- You can make your rice ahead of time and freeze it. In fact, you can make my 15-Minute Stir Fry Rice recipe and place it in the freezer in preparation for this recipe. The rice you see in this video is my stir fry rice recipe that I froze a couple of weeks ago. All I did was put it in a bowl and warmed it up in the microwave for about two minutes.
- The vegetables are easy. Just go to your freezer section and buy a bag of stir fry vegetables. DONE!
- Instead of making Yum Yum Sauce (Shrimp Sauce), you can buy it.
- If you really want to take shortcuts all around, for the chicken, you can buy some pre-cooked diced chicken and heat that up as well.
With these shortcuts, you can probably cut down the overall cook time of this recipe by 5-10 minutes.
This is a perfect recipe for working parents and is a super easy recipe that you can meal prep before your workweek begins.