Have your French Toast a little different by making this Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast recipe that is coated Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.
This Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast recipe is my new favorite way to eat French Toast.
I have a confession to make.
Growing up, I couldn’t stand French Toast. I thought it was the nastiest and soggiest piece of bread I had ever had. I couldn’t believe that French Toast was something that people would eat and call it breakfast! As I grew up and started to expand my taste palette, I had French Toast at different places and realized it was something that my mother just couldn’t cook well. French Toast among other dishes was something my mom couldn’t cook well that contributed to me not liking well into my adulthood liked Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Chili.
However, now that I know how to cook a little bit and have expanded beyond my mother’s cooking, I have started to actually like French Toast as long as it is cooked in a way that I would like. If I am going to eat French Toast, it has to be made with thick slices of bread. Particularly, Brioche or Challah Bread. However, thick Texas Toast is fine too. It has to have an obvious cinnamon flavor and it can’t be too eggy or soggy. Because of my French Toast cooking requirements, my Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast recipe fits the bill.
Not too eggy or soggy
To make this French Toast even more delicious, I added crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal to coat and I ate about 3 slices before I knew what hit me. It is that amazing.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp. Sugar
- 8 Brioche Slices, 1 inch thick
- 2 c. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, finely crushed
- Butter, for griddle
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sugar. Whisk together to blend. Place the crushed cereal in a separate bowl or plate.
- Heat the griddle and melt a tablespoon of butter at a time. Dip the Brioche into the egg custard and allow to site for about 1 minute on each side. Next, coat in the crushed cinnamon cereal. Finally, cook on the griddle on both sides for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm syrup.