This Quick and Easy Gravy is made without meat and is still smooth and silky with whole lot of flavor!
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- ⅓ c. onions, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 c. flour
- 4 c. water
- 3 tsp. Better Than Bouillon
- ¼ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large shallow saute pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions. Cook the onions for 5-7 minutes to allow them to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and allow to melt. Sprinkle the pan with flour and whisk until clumpy. While whisking, pour in water (or stock) to smooth out the lumps as much as possible. The mixture will still be lumpy. Reduce heat to low. Stir until smooth and allow to simmer for 3 minutes. The gravy will continue to thicken.
- Add the Better Than Bouillon turkey base, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire Sauce to the gravy and mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a fine-mesh strainer and strain the gravy to remove the onions and lumps leaving a smooth gravy. Pour into a gravy boat and serve.
Place plastic wrap directly over the gravy until ready to serve to avoid skin from developing on top.
- Prep Time: 5minutes
- Cook Time: 15minutes
Keywords: homemade gravy, easy gravy, gravy recipe, homemade gravy easy, homemade gravy with flour, better than bouillon gravy, homemade gravy without grease, homemade gravy without meat