- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- 1–¾ cup Sugar
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Chocolate Extract Or Espresso Powder (optional)
- ⅓ cups Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2–½ cups Flour
- 2 cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, More For Garnish
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips, More For Garnish
- 1–½ cup Marshmallows
- 1 cup Toffee Pieces (like Heath Brand)
- 1 cup Pecans
- Optional Garnish: Melted White Or Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar and then add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then mix in the vanilla extract and the espresso powder (if using).
- Mix in the cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and powder, and flour. Fold in both chocolate chips, marshmallows, toffee and pecans.
- Spread dough into two log shapes on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Then remove it from the oven and allow the biscotti to completely cool.
- Use a long serrated knife to slice logs into 1/2 inch thick slices. Return the biscotti to baking sheets and bake a second time to make them more crisp for about 10 to 20 minutes on 325 F (I didn’t do this step because I wanted this biscotti to be a little soft but for the traditional biscotti texture don’t skip this step). Allow to cool before garnish.
- Drizzle melted white and dark chocolate on the biscotti if you choose before serving.