- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (light)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- 2/3 cups toffee pieces
- a can or bottle of root beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees: Put the sugar in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a small skillet or in the microwave in a glass measuring cup. Stir the butter into the sugar until smooth, cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, & salt).
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and root beer extracts into the sugar mixture. Add the flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until a smooth thick batter forms. Fold in the chips, as desired.
- Spoon the batter to the prepared dish and spread to evenly fill the dish. Bake until the blondies are light brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once finished, allow the blondies to cool. When ready to serve, cut into squares.
- Place a square on plate. Top with vanilla ice cream, drizzle with caramel sauce, and pour about 1/4 cup of rootbeer over the ice cream and enjoy!