These Rosemary and Parmesan Red Smashed Potatoes are delicious, buttery, and crisp and can be served as a side dish or an appetizer with your choice of dip or dish.
- 1 lb. Red Potatoes
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 ½ c. Grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 heaping tablespoon of salt and set on medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and bring to a slight boil. Boil the potatoes, about 30 minutes, or until fork tender. Fork tender is when the fork can easily penetrate the potato and it has a soft texture. Drain the potatoes from the pot and allow to slightly cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small ramekin, add freshly chopped rosemary and the garlic and mix.
- Take the potatoes and place them about an inch apart of the baking sheet. Using a potato masher, gently smash the potato while leaving the majority of the potato intact.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter, season with salt and pepper, take a pinch of the rosemary mixture and sprinkle over the potatoes; and sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese. Place in the oven for 15 minutes and the potatoes will become crisp and slightly golden.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Side Dish