Try a different way to make your potatoes that will leave your family craving these Rosemary and Parmesan Smashed Potatoes time and time again.
You’ve had Mashed Potatoes now you need to try these Red Smashed Potatoes.
I am a potato fanatic and I can’t hide it!
I don’t think there isn’t a potato I don’t like. Even sweet potatoes. I love them! Especially Candied Sweet Potatoes. I don’t know what makes my mind go crazy over potatoes but I absolutely love them. These Rosemary and Parmesan Red Smashed Potatoes are absolutely delicious and insanely good! Let me tell you how I came up with this idea.
The great thing about this side dish is you can do with it whatever you want. Meaning, you can use a variety of flavors and spices to give your Smashed Potatoes a unique flavor combination. For myself, I use Parmesan and Rosemary. I love this flavor combination a lot! With them being baked to a crisp and brushed with butter, it doesn’t get any better. Eating potatoes this way is such a refreshing and awesome way to take an ordinary potato and make them fun and to do something a little different.
Making these Smashed Potatoes is super easy! All you have to do is
I used red potatoes but you definitely can use yellow Yukon Gold potatoes, which I will probably do next time. I think Yukon Gold potatoes will be a bit more buttery because of its natural flavor. I’ll let you know how it goes. When you make these potatoes, I want YOU to let me know how they turn out and work for you.
- 1 lb. Red Potatoes
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 ½ c. Grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and add 1 heaping tablespoon of salt and set on medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and bring to a slight boil. Boil the potatoes, about 30 minutes, or until fork tender. Fork tender is when the fork can easily penetrate the potato and it has a soft texture. Drain the potatoes from the pot and allow to slightly cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small ramekin, add freshly chopped rosemary and the garlic and mix.
- Take the potatoes and place them about an inch apart of the baking sheet. Using a potato masher, gently smash the potato while leaving the majority of the potato intact.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter, season with salt and pepper, take a pinch of the rosemary mixture and sprinkle over the potatoes; and sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese. Place in the oven for 15 minutes and the potatoes will become crisp and slightly golden.