If you like Samoa Cookies from Girl Scouts then you will like these Samoa Inspired Cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes topped with caramel, drizzled in chocolate, and sprinkled with toasted coconut.
- 2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. Bakers Chocolate, melted
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. salted caramel or
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- caramel for drizzling
- chocolate sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set aside. Place coconut into a baking sheet
linewith parchment paper and bake for 5-7 minutes. Too long and the coconut will burn. Toss after 2 minutes.
- In one large mixing bowl, blend the butter until creamy and add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add one egg at a time until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry mix to the wet ingredients one cup at a time until well combined. Finally, add chocolate, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop one spoonful of batter into each cupcake tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow
- In a separate bowl, blend butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add the caramel sauce and blend once more. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (if frosting isn’t firm you can add an extra 1/3 cup. It was fine for me this way). Place frosting in piping bag and pipe with icing as desired. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce as desired. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert