It’s Girl Scout Cookie time and these Samoa Cupcakes are perfect for the season!
It’s about that time of year when you take your regular trips to the supermarket, buy your healthy ingredients for your meals for the week, check out using money that you set out from your budget, exit the store, and finally you those cute faces that promptly asks you “Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?” How cruel?! I mean, does the Girl Scout Association find the cutest and most adorable girls to sell their cookies? It is one of the best sales tactics ever created! You get cute little girls, ask you to buy something in their cute little voices, right after you bought food, meaning, they know you have money. How evil is that strategy? It is so evil that it works on almost all of us. Well, not to be boastful or anything, but for nearly 10 years I’ve been baptized and sanctified in Holy Water because I have managed to stay away from them…until this year. You see..the devil will always catch you if you are not armed. LOL (seriously laughing because that sounds like something I will tell my grandchildren).
How I made these Samoa Cupcakes
Okay, let me stop. For some, I know you can’t wait for Girl Scout season. Well I made cupcakes that are inspired by the flavor of, my favorite Girl Scout Cookie,…The Samoa’s! I do not like coconut that much, but these cookies are exceptional. I can’t tell you why they’re just good. When you eat these cupcakes, they won’t take exactly like a Samoa Cookie, but they do have all the flavors. A moist chocolate cupcake, caramel frosting, toasted coconut, drizzled in chocolate and more caramel still sounds good right? It gives you everything you want in a Samoa cookie but can’t have. Of course, the best part is they’re easy! Y’all know I don’t like to make anything too difficult. Now, when you go to the store and those cute little munchkins bully you into buying cookies, just remember, you are in the cross-fire of a war between good and evil. Either way, you really can’t lose.
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
If you like Samoa Cookies from Girl Scouts then you will like these Samoa Inspired Cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes topped with caramel, drizzled in chocolate, and sprinkled with toasted coconut.
- 2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. Bakers Chocolate, melted
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. salted caramel or
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- caramel for drizzling
- chocolate sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set aside. Place coconut into a baking sheet
linewith parchment paper and bake for 5-7 minutes. Too long and the coconut will burn. Toss after 2 minutes.
- In one large mixing bowl, blend the butter until creamy and add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add one egg at a time until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry mix to the wet ingredients one cup at a time until well combined. Finally, add chocolate, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop one spoonful of batter into each cupcake tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow
- In a separate bowl, blend butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add the caramel sauce and blend once more. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (if frosting isn’t firm you can add an extra 1/3 cup. It was fine for me this way). Place frosting in piping bag and pipe with icing as desired. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce as desired. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
Leave a Reply