I think you know that I love breakfast.I probably have more breakfast recipes than anything else. If there was a scented candle called “Breakfast” I would totally buy it. In fact, if there is a candle called “Breakfast” let me know where I can buy it. Of course, breakfast is the most important meal of the day not for obvious health reasons but because it is.
In my opinion, it is a meal that you can get crazy creative with just liked I did with these Breakfast Crostini’s. I love crostini’s simply because of the crunch of the bread. So I thought about why not make something like an open face breakfast sandwich on a crostini?! These are super easy and quick to make. In fact, I think they are perfect for breakfast or brunch parties. Enjoy!Print
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8
If you are having a breakfast/brunch party these would be perfect for that occasion.
- • Cabiatta bread
- • olive oil for brushing
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • 5 eggs
- • 1 tbsp. butter
- • 1/8 c. milk
- • 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- • 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- • Pico De Gallo, you can make your own if you want or buy it pre-made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Slice the cabiatta bread into 1/2 thick inch slices. Brush the bread with olive oil on both side and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the bread is toasty.
- In a medium sized bowl and crack the eggs and add the milk and whisk until the yolk and whites are well combined, add the cheese, and Season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter on top of a medium heat in a medium sized pan. Once the butter is completely melted pour in the egg mixture and slowly stir with a spatula until the eggs begin to scramble. Once the eggs are no longer runny, take off the heat.
- In a different medium sized pan on medium high heat and add the bacon. Allow the bacon to completely cook for about 7 minutes or until crisp and turn bacon to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Now that the bread is nice and toasty, top off with a spoonful of eggs, some chopped bacon, and pico de gallo. Serve on a platter.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Reply