This Savory Beef Roll Ups Recipe is sure to be winner at your family dinner table. They are delicious and healthy! Just serve with potatoes or roasted vegetables!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.75 lbs Flank Steak, carved thin and long according to preference
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ⅔ c. feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- toothpicks/ butchers twine
- Turn the flanks steak on a cutting board and season on both sides with kosher salt and pepper. Slice the flank steak into 4-5 inch pieces or as desired. With each piece of steak, add 2 slices of onion, peppers, and mushrooms at one end of the steak piece. Sprinkle 1 ½ tbsp of feta cheese as well. Tightly roll the steak away from you while using your front fingers to keep the filling inside. Use a toothpick or butcher’s twine to tightly secure the inside ingredients. Repeat for remaining steak pieces.
- NOTE: If you do not have either, you can use dental non-flavored dental floss.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a grill pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp. Olive oil. Place 3 roll ups in the pan at a time, or as many as you can fit comfortably, and cook on each side for 5 minutes until each side is nicely seared. Remove the 3 roll ups and cook the remaining roll ups in the pan the same way.
- Return all roll ups to the pan and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes and serve.
- Category: Entree