Combine delicious and fresh seafood to soft and pillowy gnocchi combined with a white wine parmesan sauce.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 c. Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- 6 oz. large shrimp, cooked ( I cooked about 15 or so pieces of large shrimp)
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 1 lb. Gnocchi
- 1/4 tsp. red crushed pepper flakes
- parsley for garnish
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the Gnocchi to the pot and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes. Once all the gnocchi has floated to the top of the pot, remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and turn to a large bowl and cover with a paper towel.
- To make the sauce, melt the tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat in a deep and large shallow pan. Once the butter has melted, add the chopped shallot and cook for 3-5 minutes until the shallots become translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook the garlic for about 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of white wine to the garlic and shallots and allow to simmer until reduced by half. Add the other half of the wine and simmer for 2 minutes and add the heavy cream. Allow the cream to simmer for 3-5 minutes on low heat and strain the sauce to remove the garlic and shallots and turn the sauce to a bowl to return back to the shallow pan.
- Return the pot back to the burner and bring to a simmer. Add the Parmesan cheese, add the fresh lemon juice, and stir. Turn the sauce down to simmer while occasionally stirring so the milk and cheese don’t stick.
- In the shallow pan with the sauce, add the gnocchi, crab meat, and cooked shrimp and simmer together for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Add the red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: seafood gnocchi, gnocchi recipes, gnocchi with seafood, white wine cream sauce, seafood with white wine cream sauce, pasta dishes with seafood, dinner for two ideas