These Shortbread Sandwich Cookies with Nutella are a perfect holiday cookie that everyone will enjoy. It is a buttery shortbread cookie with Nutella filling to give a sweet touch!
- 1 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened (3 sticks butter)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 c. chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees
- In a large bowl, using a handheld or standing mixer, add the butter and blend with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the egg, milk, almond, and vanilla extract, and mix them.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together. Add the flour mixture, one cup at a time into the wet ingredients. A form of dough will form.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured service. Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a rectangle stretch about 11 inches by 8.
- Use a cookie cutter and cut it into even pieces. Place cookies onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Place the cookies about an inch and a half apart and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool, and place them on a baking rack.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread the chocolate hazelnut spread on one cookie and join it with another cookie. Serve as desired.
- NOTE: You can also use a cookie press for this recipe to make different shapes as well.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nutella stuffed cookies, nutella shortbread cookies, nutella christmas cookies, nutella butter cookies