Lighten up your summer side dishes with this Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad. Made using orzo, this salad is great for your picnic table.
- 1 ¼ c. dry orzo pasta
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ½ c. red onion, diced
- ½ pint Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. Capers
- 1 c. feta cheese crumbles
- ½ large lemon
- 2 tsp. Dill
- 1 tbsp. Parsley
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the orzo pasta in a large saucepan filled halfway with about 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to medium-high heat. Cover with lid and cook for about 10 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse in cold water. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium-high skillet, add olive oil. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel on both sides. Season with salt and pepper on both sides, and cook on both sides for 3-5 minutes until pink. Remove and place in a bowl.
- In a large mixing/ serving bowl, add the Orzo Pasta, cooked shrimp, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, capers, and feta cheese crumbles. Use salad tongs and toss the ingredients together.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pasta salad (be careful not to add the seeds), add the dill, parsley, olive oil, and garlic powder. Toss together evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for, at least, one hour before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mediterranean pasta salad, shrimp Mediterranean pasta salad, pasta salad with orzo