Make this Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas using Smithfield All-Natural Pork and lay out different toppings for your guest or family to serve themselves.
- 3lb Smithfield ® All-Natural Pork Shoulder
- 1 medium onion, sliced into crescent moons
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp. Garlic powder
- 1tsp. Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 large orange, freshly squeezed
- 1c. Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 10–12 small soft tortillas
- Toppings: lettuce, cheese, onions, diced tomatoes, pickled onions
- Slice the onion and half-moons and place in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the chopped garlic.
- Remove the plastic from the pork shoulder and the net. Season all around the shoulder with salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder, chili powder, and dried oregano. Rub the seasonings into the pork shoulder all around. Place in the slow cooker and pour the orange juice and chicken broth around the pork shoulder and turn the slow cooker on low heat. Allow the pork shoulder to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes. Use two forks and begin to shred the pork.
- Turn your oven on broil (high).
- Line a baking sheet wit aluminum foil and spread the pork evenly around the sheet. Place on the top rack in your oven for 3-4 minutes. Just long enough to where they can get somewhat crisp.
- Remove from oven and lay out your taco toppings and tell your family that dinner is ready!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Dinner