This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#AllNaturalPork #GuaranteedTender #EasyNaturalSmithfield #CollectiveBias
This Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas recipe is so easy to put together! Use Smithfield ® All Natural Pork Shoulder along with a few spices for delicious and tasty Pork Carnitas!
Many of you out there are preparing for your kids to go back to school. Me, I have a few more year before I go down the lane that many of you walking. So, I am now starting to create some easy and satisfying meals that I can prepare for my family when that time does happen. My husband and I are working professionals with very busy schedules, and we don’t have a ton of time to cook when we come home from work. So we need something that is just about done when we get home so we can eat as a family.
- Diced tomatoes
- Pickled onions
- Sour cream
- Grilled pineapple
Wouldn’ it be fun to let your kids make their own taco when they come home from school?!
About Smithfield ® All Natural Pork
Smithfield ® is a top-quality brand for pork that is free of steroids and artificial ingredients. Smithfield works with your local farms to produce quality meat that will satisfy your family. Using the All-Natural Pork Shoulder provides a ton of flavor and is quite affordable. Their meat options are perfect to prepare for a busy weeknight or entertaining company. You can make this Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas recipe and lay topping out as a bar or you can make the tacos as you see in the photo below. Top off your tacos with pickled onions, cilantro, and this cilantro-lime crema.
The best thing about Smithfield All- Natural Pork is that it is Guaranteed Tender and perfect for the slow cooker! That means that all of Smithfield pork products are USDA processed verified, hand-selected, and fresh, never frozen!
- 3lb Smithfield ® All-Natural Pork Shoulder
- 1 medium onion, sliced into crescent moons
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp. Garlic powder
- 1tsp. Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 large orange, freshly squeezed
- 1c. Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 10-12 small soft tortillas
- Toppings: lettuce, cheese, onions, diced tomatoes, pickled onions
- Slice the onion and half-moons and place in the bottom of the crockpot. Add the chopped garlic.
- Remove the plastic from the pork shoulder and the net. Season all around the shoulder with salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder, chili powder, and dried oregano. Rub the seasonings into the pork shoulder all around. Place in the slow cooker and pour the orange juice and chicken broth around the pork shoulder and turn the slow cooker on low heat. Allow the pork shoulder to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes. Use two forks and begin to shred the pork.
- Turn your oven on broil (high).
- Line a baking sheet wit aluminum foil and spread the pork evenly around the sheet. Place on the top rack in your oven for 3-4 minutes. Just long enough to where they can get somewhat crisp.
- Remove from oven and lay out your taco toppings and tell your family that dinner is ready!