Are you looking for a quick and delicious dinner solution that the whole family will love? Look no further than this easy beef burrito skillet recipe! With a combination of flavorful ground beef, beans, and spices, this dish is sure to be a hit.
I am all about making dinner as easy as possible, and this Beef Burrito Skillet dish is the perfect answer to any weeknight. What I love about this dish is how you take everything someone could want in a beef burrito and place it in a skillet instead. It’s a great dinner recipe you can put together in less than 30 minutes; set out some toppings and warm flour tortillas shells for the family to serve themselves.
Ingredients Substitution Options
Many of the ingredients in this burrito skillet can be substituted for healthier alternatives. Here are some substitution ideas:
- Instead of ground beef>> use ground turkey, ground chicken, tofu crumbles, seitan, or plant-based crumbles. I strongly recommend using Laura’s Lean Beef if you use ground beef. The beef is lean, doesn’t contain hormones or antibiotics, and has great flavor.
- Instead of brown rice>> use quinoa, farro, jasmine, cauliflower rice, diced cooked sweet potatoes, or basmati rice.
- Instead of shredded cheddar cheese>> use vegan shredded cheese, Pepper Jack, or Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Instead of peppers or in addition>> use sliced zucchini, squash, kale, or mushrooms.
Once you have made this Easy Beef Burrito Skillet meal, all you will need to do is place additional toppings in individual small bowls where people can add what they want to their burrito! Some of those toppings can include:
- Queso Cheese
- Diced Jalapeno
- Chopped Chives/ Green Onions
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Crunchy Tortilla Strips
- Sour Cream or Mexican Crema
Easy Meal Prep Ideas
The easier and faster dinner can be on the table, the better! You can take a few steps before making this skillet burrito recipe. It is all about setting yourself up to make dinnertime as easy as possible.
- Chop all the ingredients, including the toppings you’ll need the night before, and place them in individual containers.
- If you don’t want to use microwavable rice, cook it the night before and place it in a storage container.
- Put all your ingredients near your stove, such as a can of diced tomatoes, beans, and taco seasoning mix.
- Ultimately, you can cook this meal a few days before it is planned to serve to your family, place it in an air-tight container, and heat it back in the skillet or microwave.
With these steps, you should have dinner on the table in no time!
Commonly Asked Questions
Yep! You can use the mixture as the filling and make burritos, wrap them up, and keep them in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Yep! You can lay those out or turn this meal into a homemade burrito bowl for dinner or lunch prep!
If you like this recipe, you will likely enjoy the recipes below!
- Homemade Chalupas
- Spanish Rice Crunchwrap Supreme
- Cheese Queso Taco Casserole Skillet
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Skillet