- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic smashed and minced
- 1 piece Ginger, grated
- 2 pieces star anise
- 3 lbs chicken breast or 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 head bok choy
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 1 green onion and chives
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Oudon or rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red crushed pepper flakes
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, star anise and salt to taste in a 5- 6 quart slow cooker. Add the chicken, you can use pork if you would like, then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After the 8 hours, remove the chicken or pork and shred with your fingers and set aside. Add the bok choy, napa cabbage, carrots, and green onion to the slow cooker along with the meat and cover about an hour.
- In a separate pot cook the noodles and drain. Or add the noodles to the slow cooker and make sure they are submerge and cook for about 10 minutes.
- If you cooked your noodles separately, add some of the noodles to a bowl and add some of the soup with noodles. Ladle some of the broth and sprinkle with parsley and green onion.