If you enjoy a sweet and salty treat, you will love these Snicker Pretzels. These pretzels have 4 layers that will have you eating Snickers but enjoying a pretzel at the same time.
- 1 lb. Bag Jumbo Pretzels
- Ingredients 1st layer: Nougat
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ingredients 2nd layer: caramel
- 14 ounces caramel candies
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Ingredients 3rd layer: Chocolate
- Bag of milk chocolate chips
- Ingredients 4th layer: Peanuts and Toffee pieces
- 1 cup salty peanuts
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat. Add the sugar and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add the milk and whisk for 5 minutes. Begin to add the fluff and the peanut butter with a rubber spatula and fold until dissolved. Lastly add the extract and turn down on low heat. Continue to stir so that the mixture won’t stick to the pan.
- In microwavable bowl, add the caramels and the whipping cream. Warm them up in the microwave for a minute at a time and stir until it is creamy.
- I used the double boiler method where I placed the chip on the boiler and melted them until the chocolate was creamy. You can use whatever method you like.
- In a food processor or chopper, chop your peanut but do not chop them into a powder. You just don’t want them to be bulky. Place your peanuts and toffee in a bowl for dipping.
- Dip the pretzels in the nougat. It may seem as though the nougat is not sticking to the pretzel but keep dipping and it will and then place them on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once they are cooled dip them in the caramel and place back on the cooling rack and allow cooling for another 10 minutes.
- Note: You can take a butter knife and clean up the excess dripping off the pretzels for a cleaner look.
- Finally, dip in the chocolate and roll the pretzel into the peanut and toffee and place back onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool completely for 25-30 minutes before eating.