Check out this Spanish Style Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe that is made with Spanish Rice from Zatarain’s! Add your choice of toppings to this well-seasoned dish!
- 4 Thin Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ lime
- 8 Large Flour Soft Tortillas
- 4 Corn Tostadas
- 1 Box Zatarain’s Spanish Style Rice
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 14 oz. Refried Beans, warm
- 2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ c. queso cheese
- 3 c. shredded lettuce
- 2 tbsp. Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Using a medium saucepan, cook the Zatarain’s Spanish Style rice according to the instructions. You will use the diced tomatoes for this process. Once cooked, set aside.
- On medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper or Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning. Cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool, about 5 minutes. Once you are able to handle the chicken, chop the chicken into medium to large pieces. Squeeze the lime juice over the chicken and toss, set aside.
- Take 4 of the flour tortillas and stack directly on top of one another. Place a tostada directly in the middle of the flour tortillas and use a sharp knife to cut around the tostada shape. Place the tostada circles to the side and discard the rest or use for another purpose.
- Take one of the remaining 4 soft tortilla shells and place about ¼ cup of the diced chicken and place in the middle of the tortilla shells, pour over a tablespoon of queso cheese on top of the chicken and sprinkle some of the shredded cheese also.
- Add the tostada on top of the chicken and cheese; spread with refried beans, add about ¼ c. Zatarain’s Spanish Style rice, add more queso cheese (about 1 tablespoon), sprinkle with more cheese, and top with cilantro and lettuce. Place one of the circle tortillas on top of the lettuce. Carefully press down over the tostada.
- Using a heavy duty skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Take the exposed flour tortilla and begin to tightly fold overlapping the shell making pleats. Once you have it completely folded, place seam down in the hot skillet with the oil and allow to cook for 2 minutes to seat and get crisp. Use a spatula, and flip on the other side and allow to toast for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and cut in half.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner