These Spinach and Artichoke Potato Bites are definitely a crowd pleaser. These potatoes are filled with super easy spinach and artichoke dip you won’t resist!
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes, small
- 1 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. mayo
- 6 oz. frozen chopped leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- ⅓ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ⅛ tsp. Red Crushed Pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- Fill a large pot with water and add about a tablespoon of salt to the pot. Bring to a boil and add the potatoes and allow to cook until fork-tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain and set aside and allow to cool, about 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and mayo and mix together until creamy. Add the cheese, garlic clove, and red crushed pepper flakes and stir together. Use a cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and place the spinach in the towel and squeeze the excess water from the spinach. Add to the bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Turn to the potatoes and using a small paring knife, cut the bottom of the potato with an even edge so the potato can stand on its own; then, cut a circular opening at the top and remove the lid. Having the paring knife on the inside of the potato, turn the knife in a circular motion to scoop some of the potatoes from the inside without cutting through the bottom of the potato or cutting too much from the sides. Place on a baking sheet with the opening facing upward. Repeat for all potatoes.
- Brush the potatoes with the melted butter, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and fill the potatoes with the spinach mixture. Use a piping bag or a large sandwich bag. Cut the tip of the bag and fill the potatoes. Mix the panko and the parmesan cheese in a small bowl and sprinkle each potato with the breadcrumb topping. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. The breadcrumbs should be nice and golden. Sprinkle with a bit more salt, basil, and serve!
- Prep Time: 50 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Appetiser